Monday, December 01, 2008

Happy Holidays!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! For some reason this year, we had a hectic social life weekend! LOL!!

First we had a house full of friends for Thanksgiving dinner...it was WONDERFUL to have them over and to express our gratitude of their friendships :0) Our friend's eldest asked me why we celebrate Thanksgiving...we're Japanese! Her mother didn't know what to think of her daughter's question. I just smiled and told her that you don't have to be of any kind of background to express thanks for what we have...a warm home, good health, good friends and such a good life. I think she got it :0) Love teenagers...they're curious about everything...well, the ones I know at least ;0)

One day of rest (Friday) which I needed! Handwashed all the (two sets of) china, silverware and serving plates & such. Did not need to go out to stores....I think this is the weekend to stay out of stores! LOL!!

On Saturday, we went to a "reunion" lunch...hmm, maybe dinner (it was a 10 hour affair!) in Palatine. Although all have resigned from the Bank, we get together a few times during the year at each other's homes. We eat, laugh, sing, drink and eat some more. So lucky that we are able to do this. Most of them we have known for close to 20 years! Time flies! Cheers, you guys!

Sunday, I had to get some projects done. Couldn't find any of the stuff I needed without digging out from the basement! This is what happens when you have to clean the house and throw stuff downstairs! UGH! LOL!!

I had the opportunity to sit down and play with the Wizard! Love my Wizard...esp. the Nesties! With the scalloped circle and the regular circle, I made a holiday card. Notice the TaDa Creative Studios BEAUTIFUL holiday papers. The paper is printed in metallic ink! VERY cool technique! You have to see in person....just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Notice the white in the background! Yes, it snowed overnight in Chicago!! OY! But what a perfect background to my holiday card! LOL!!! All the papers (I used two different patterns) and accents are from TaDa Creative Studios. Just added a little fiber for the paper button accent.







This is the inside of the card...don't you just love two-sided papers! I cut a circle from my Wizard and you know you can emboss with the Wizard, right? Well, you can! I edge with Pebbles Inc chalk (the shimmer matches the shimmer in the papers) and stamped with Stampin' Up on StazOn Aquamarine color for a bold touch. Of course, if you're adhering with vellum, you need the Xyron!




So this is my card to you! Hope that the holiday season brings you and your family JOY throughout this festive season. Remember loved ones that are far or who have passed on (thinking of you, dear Becky!!!). Gratitude to you for visiting my blog, and/or attending any of my classes at Frozen Memories, CraftFancy or at my home!

No comments: