Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spellbinders....

Kinda late with the news but by now you've seen the list of 20+ finalists for Spellbinders Wizard design team and my name is no where to be found.

Of course, I'm disappointed but you can't expect everyone to be selected...which would be great in an ideal world! LOL!! But hey, with many years of submission experience, it's OK! LOL!!

SO what I can do is finally share what I had sent with the exception of two items (card & altered item)...they got picked up by Scrapbook News & Review magazine so there's a bright spot in all this!

This was under the layout category - "First Love."
I'm sure my son will not be too happy for sharing this but I just love this picture. He was in kindergarten (Englewood Cliffs NJ) and they were constantly holding hands. She went back to Japan and unfortunately haven't kept in touch. Wanted to use the scalloped hearts and nested birds (Spellbinders) for this layout. Using the smaller heart with the bigger one, I was able to make an open heart die and make a chain of them running along the edge of the paper.














This was under the stamped category - "Be Mine."
I made foam stamps out of the Timeless Heritage (Spellbinders) pieces to make my hubby a vintage Valentine's Day card. Then used the foam stamp as an accent in the card. Kinda corny but loved how the foam stamp picked up the details on the die's embossed design! Granted not my best card but I liked the technique and that was what I was going for and a card for my hubby! LOL!!









Design team or not, I truly enjoy this Company....good people and good products! So if you're looking for a die cut machine (a manuel one), you should look at Spellbinders :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there ;) we had to go now to see the eagles! It's was cold.... Cute LO ;)

Michele Kovack said...

I am sorry you didn't make the team......their loss! Your LO and card is cute!!! More snow tonight.......UGH!!! Hey, I'll be at the SIS crop on March 7th! Can ya go?