Monday, May 14, 2012

What I did on Mother's Day...

Hi all!

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. Mine started the night before...overseas calls to our mothers (Japan is 14 hours ahead...I think...lol!). My mother-in-law (MIL) mentioned she was out gardening before our phone call...well, my mind went into full gear and I pulled out Spellbinders™ die templates to come up with this...

Butterfly Shaped Card by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Cardstock: The Paper Company (white) and American Crafts (blue); Patterned Paper: Graphic45 (Little Darlings Collection); Ink: Clearsnap; Bling: Want2Scrap; Glitter: Ranger Ink (Stickles); Dies: Spellbinders Paper Arts (S5-077 Labels Twenty-Five, S5-051 Fanciful Flight ;S4-329 Butterfly Circles and EL-007 Elegance); Adhesive: ScraPerfect (The Best Glue Ever)

See! Even your MIL can inspire you! LOL!!

Can You Help?


Also during Mother's Day, I created a two-page layout for Crop for Luv. Spellbinders is hosting a Crops of Luv National Scrapbooking Day Challenge.

A Dream Come True by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Cardstock: WorldWin Papers; Patterned Paper and Stickers: SandyLion; Ink: Clearsnap; Dies: Spellbinders Paper Arts (S4-092 Stars Five, S4-310 Labels Eighteen); Adhesives: ScraPerfect (The Best Glue Ever) and SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3l (E-Z Squares, E-Z Runner); Other: Eyelet

I am so thankful that I am a MOTHER of two HEALTHY kids. I can only imagine what these moms/parents are going through. So I am doing my SMALL part in participating. Are you interested? View the video for detailed info. Thanks in advance for considering this...



Each layout entry will be eligible to win a chance for a $300 prize package includes a Spellbinders Grand Calibur® die cutting and embossing machine. Entries must be received by May 25th, 2012. Mail your layout to Spellbinders Paper Arts Attn Terre Fry 1125 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd Building 3 Suite 124 Phoenix, AZ 85027. Many thanks to Terre for heading this wonderful idea!

As always, thank you for stopping by!!
Have a great Monday <3
MargieH xo

13 comments:

Willow and Wattle said...

What a great idea! I am checking it out

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

You just never know where inspiration will come from, do you? I'm glad your MIL inspired you to create this beautiful card, Margie! It's so beautiful and I love how you pulled the one large butterfly to complement the PP! I'm going to check out the challenge you posted.

Connie Mercer said...

sounds like you hada great day:):) love the card~it is so you!!!! and the double LO is great~lots accomplished my friend!!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a wonderful card!! and the 2 page layout is wonderful!!

glad you had a wonderful mother's day

Murphy's Law said...

love the card - the butterfly just rocks. so glad you had a wonderful day. amazing where you can find inspiration....

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

so pretty and I had a very sick kid when he was born, nothing and I mean nothing helps more than supportive friends and family!

Madeline said...

Beautiful card and what a wonderful thing to do for those with a sick child.

Mary Jo said...

What a beautiful card!!! :)
And Crops of Luv sounds like a very worthwhile cause!

Kimberly Kett said...

WOW! That card is just GORGEOUS!!

Linda Beeson said...

Your card is great, loving that butterfly.

Amy said...

Wow, that butterfly card is beautiful!
I will definitely go check out the Crops for Luv info. Thanks for sharing it!

Penny said...

This sounds like a great cause, but I don't have any die, but I admire your for your work with this program! Love Penny

Marisa Job said...

Great card Margie! Love the butterfly. The Layout is great also, what a great cause!! Hugs!