Saturday, December 08, 2012

ScraPerfect: SnowFlake Ornament

I posted on ScraPerfect's Blog - Snowflake Ornament post, using The Robin's Nest products! They have an array of paper crafting products that will inspire you to get your craft on!

Using their Under the Sea Dew Drops, I made a simple snowflake ornament with their Ocean Blue Glitter Cardstock paper and Spellbinders™ 2012 Snowflake Pendant die templates.

SnowFlake Ornament by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Glittered Cardstock: The Robin's Nest (Ocean Blue Glitter Cardstock); Die: Spellbinders Paper Arts (S5-117 2012 Snowflake Pendant); Embellishment: The Robin's Nest (Under The Sea Dew Drops); Tools and Adhesive: ScraPerfect (the Embellie Gellie, the Perfect Crafting Pouch and the Best Glue Ever); Other: Silver Cord


First I cut S5-117 2012 Snowflake Pendant die three times with Ocean Blue Glitter Cardstock. Tip: when using a delicate die like this put wax paper between the die template and paper for easy release. I used the pointed end of the Embellie Gellie to help release the paper from the die.


With the Best Glue Ever's fine tip, I can use a three - four drops of glue and spread them on the back of the die cut with ease. You don't need much when using the Best Glue Ever.Tip: make sure to shake the glue to the tip before applying (don't forget to keep that cap on...just sayin' - wink wink).


When the glue dried, I had some tackiness on the edges so I took out my Perfect Crafting Pouch and tap the edges and problem gone! Next, I placed my Dew Drops with the Embellie Gellie and if I didn't like the way it was placed, I use the pointed end to push over the Dew Drop to where I like it. Love that pointed end! LOL!


Using the blue and clear Dew Drops makes it a perfect embellishment for this project! Note the Best Glue Ever will dry CLEAR so use it on any of your clear or opaque embellishments :0)


This is the side view - I embellished both sides and here's a second look at the ornament on my still bare tree! LOL! Another idea is to add this to your gift decor like a gift bag or present...many ideas.


Hope you enjoyed this simple but yet fun project! Time is a commodity during the holidays! THANK YOU to The Robin's Nest for providing such wonderful products!!

If you like what you see, go visit ScraPerfect Blog!

Happy Holidays and thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

10 comments:

June said...

This ornament looks great!

Marisa Job said...

I love this ornament!! You are very creative my friend!! Have a great weekend!

D's Paper Studio said...

beautiful!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Margie! Happy Holidays!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so pretty, Margie!

Angela said...

Super cute! Love the dew drops on there!!

Staci said...

Very pretty!

Rita Barakat said...

Cuteness!

Rita Barakat said...

Cuteness!

Izzy Anderson said...

This couldn't be prettier, Margie!