Monday, June 30, 2014

Hazel & Ruby: You're The Best Gift Bag

Greetings, Hazel and Ruby friends! I am sharing how to dress up those gift bags, using Hazel & Ruby and Kiwi Lane Designs products.


First I covered the front with Gesso as a primer which gives it teeth to anything I layer on top.


While the Gesso was drying, I trimmed Wrap It Up, Statement Floral paper to fit the front. Using Gel Medium, I adhered the paper on the front of bag and sealed it on top with another layer of Gel Medium.


Next I placed "You're The Best" from Stencil-Mask, Greetings Words set.


Paint over the front with white acrylic paint. I painted two light coats (dry time in between coats) to show the pattern. While tacky, I carefully pulled the letters off the bag and put them back on their liner. Using a baby wipe, just wiped clean to be re-used again. LOVE IT!



To create the border at the top and bottom, I used Kiwi Lane Designs' Chestnut Drive border set by tracing the back of the Wrap It Up, Statement Floral paper with a pencil. After cutting, I edged them with white acrylic paint for definition. Next I adhered the borders on the bag and trimmed off the excess.




Taking one of the flowers template from the Floral accessory set, I created a flower embellie for the bag as an accent piece. I traced the back of Wrap It Up, Newsprint Floral paper and white cardstock (for support). After cutting them out and adhering together, I added gold sequins from Sequin Tubes, Sparkle & Shine in its center.



For detailing, I outlined around the letters, border edges and flower embellie with my Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Light Turquoise pen. It gives it a subtle finish.


Added a few more sequins and a butterfly from Bitty Butterflies, Oh So Sky set and it's ready to give away! Here's a second look...


Project Supplies:
Hazel & Ruby – Wrap It Up, Statement Floral Paper, Stencil-Mask, Greetings Words Set, Wrap It Up, Newsprint Floral Paper, Sequin Tubes, Sparkle & Shine and Bitty Butterflies, Oh So Sky
Kiwi Lane Designs - Chestnut Drive Border Set and Floral Accessory Set
Paint - Plaid (White)
Mediums and Pen - Faber Castell Design Memory Craft® (Gesso, Gel Medium, Stamper's Big Brush COLOR Pen)
Cardstock and Gift Bag - Darice
Adhesives - ScraPerfect (Best Glue Ever) and SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L® (Dotz™ - Medium)
Other: Baby Wipes

Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

Be inspired. Live Handmade.

1 comment:

msmith434343 said...

How cute! That's cute patterned paper and you did a fun job of using it! Cute bag! I hope you have a great day.