Friday, March 17, 2017

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: Dimensional Hexie Shamrock Card Tutorial

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Today I'm up on Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Blog to share a card that has dimension in my background and in my embellishment, using our 3D Foam products. LOVE how it turned out!

**As a part of Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Design Team, Spellbinders® Paper Arts and Authentique Paper, I receive products for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use :) **


The Emerald Collection from Authentique Paper is the perfect patterns to use for this occasion. I cut about 26 Hexagons from my die and edged them with green ink for a subtle look. I ended up using 24 but I wanted a choice of patterns ;)


Once I cut and inked them up, I placed the die cuts on top of my A2-sized (5.50 x 4.25") card base.


I used my E-Z Runner® Grand to adhere most of my die cuts but popped up four random die cuts with 3D Foam Squares Black, Regular.


After all were secured them down, trim off the excess and your card base is done.


Now to embellish! I cut a rectangle shape from green patterned paper and cut another a little larger to mat with gold mirror cardstock. I adhered them together with E-Z Runner® Grand.


To create my gold shamrock, I took four 3D Foam Hearts and placed them on top of my matted rectangle. Remove the top liner to sprinkle gold glitter on top. Press firmly to make sure they are stuck on well. Shake off excess.



To anchor my embellished shamrock, I used Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/2" as a ribbon by adhere right down my card base. After taking off the liner, I sprinkled glitter. press down and dust off the excess.


For these wonderful sequins and gems, I used the Adhesive Dots Small to adhere on to the card front. These adhesive dots are perfect for many sizes of embellishment - we have six sizes of Adhesive Dots!


Add the embellished shamrock rectangle piece on top with 3D Foam Squares White, Regular and you're done!



Here's another look...




Supplies:
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L:
E-Z Runner® Grand Dispenser
3D Foam Squares Black, Regular
3D Foam Squares White, Regular
3D Foam Hearts
Adhesive Dots Small
HomeHobby
Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/2" Permanent
Others:
Ink and Foam Applicator: Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn (Ranger Ink/Tim Holtz)
Patterned Paper: The Emerald Collection (Authentique Paper)
Die and Machine: Hexagon and Prizm™ Die Cutting and Embossing Machine (Spellbinders® Paper Arts)
Gold Mirror Cardstock; White Card Base; Sequin; Gems

Thank you for stopping in!
MargieH

2 comments:

Fikreta said...

it's wonderful!
have a great day!

Mary Holshouser said...

Like how you popped some the of the
hexagons off the page and others
were flush with the paper.
Adds lots of interest.
thanks for sharing a great card.
Happy St. Pat's Day